Human beings are interesting creatures! To some people, having big eyes or curly hair is beautiful and attractive, while others wish they did not have these features. So, is beauty really held in the eyes of the beholder or could there be some scientific measure of beauty? Research shows that various factors influence the perception of beauty including health, age, and skin tone. Others have indicated symmetry of the face to equate to beauty, although, perfect symmetry also tends to result in a face that appears unnatural and robot like.
With these varying definitions of beauty also comes dimples. Many people quickly think of those on the cheeks without much consideration for the fact that dimples also present themselves at the back side
Here are 6 interesting facts about back pimples you probably didn’t know about!
Have you got two little indentations just above your bum? Well, these are scientifically referred to as ‘Lateral Lumbar indentations’ and informally as ‘dimples of Venus’ after the Roman goddess of beauty.
2. Back dimples are thought to be a genetic condition that poses no health risk and more common in women than men. Some people are born with them. This means that even exercising will not give you back dimples, if you don’t have them, you don’t have them.
3. Human Anatomy studies explain that these depressions are created by a short ligament stretching between the posterior superior iliac spine and the skin. They are located where the two pelvic bones connect.
4. Although not yet proven, women with these dimples are believed to enjoy their intimacy more. This is because of their placement around the pelvic area, these back dimples facilitate good circulation and consequently further stimulation.
The placement of these bones and muscles can lead to increased (or decreased circulation) which can then lead to further stimulation. But more research needs to be done in order to verify (or debunk) the correlation between back dimples and the shape and placement of these bones and muscles.
5. Depending on weight, shape and activity level, each person’s dimples are unique to themselves.
6. By doing exercise, you can actually make your back dimples more pronounced and shapely. This can be achieved by doing back bending exercises or exercises that focus on the lower back and core.
Please SHARE this post with your friends and family on Facebook!