Are you struggling to lose weight? Have you noticed that the clothes you wore just a few months ago no longer fit you? Or has your weight increased tremendously in the last few days?
If this is you and you’ve tried every possible way to cut down the extra pounds but in vain, then you’re in the right place! We totally understand how frustrating it is trying to slim down with no visible results, even after cutting out some of your favorite cravings like ice cream and pizza.
There’s so much contradicting information out there about weight loss. It makes it extremely hard for one to know the right path to follow. That’s why we’ve made this list of things that can reduce your weight drastically and efficiently.
Here’s a list of 10 reasons you’re gaining weight.
We hope this list will inspire and help you shed off those extra pounds.
1. You are Not Eating Breakfast: Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Unfortunately, most people don’t know this, so they skip breakfast. Have your breakfast every morning and ensure that it’s a healthy one.
2. You are Not Getting 7-9 Hours of Sleep. Sleep deprivation is not good for your weight loss journey. If you don’t get enough sleep, you’ll have an increased “cortisol” which is a weight-gaining hormone. On the other hand, excessive sleeping is also not good for your health because it increases your body mass. Your should sleep for 7-9 hours for a healthy balance.
3. You are Not Going Outdoors: When you wake up in the morning, it’s good practice to go out of the house and enjoy the early morning sunshine. Make sure you get some light every day because it ignites the body’s metabolism.. At least 20-30 minutes of outdoor sunlight is enough to affect your body mass.
4. You are Not Keeping A Clean and Comfy Bedroom: In order to get some good quality sleep, you need to stay in a tidy and comfortable bedroom. A clean room keeps environmental toxins out, hence giving you the much needed sleep.
5. You are Not Measuring Your Weight Every Day: Keeping track of your weight everyday is very important. It helps you know your weight loss progress, so you can be able to adjust accordingly in case you realize you are gaining more weight instead of losing. You’ll also feel motivated to work harder. You should weigh yourself every morning because that’s when the body has less water weight so the measurement is more precise and accurate.
6. You Are Not Leaving Any Room in Your Stomach: I guess you’ve heard of the phrase, “Eat to live, but don’t live to eat.” This should be your daily mantra, eat small portions of food and ensure that you’re eating a balanced diet.
7. You Are Not Going for Regular Walks: Walking is good for weight loss and your overall health, lowers bad cholesterol and reduces your risk for both hypertension and diabetes. Don’t be lazy, just sitting on your couch 24/7. Get time to go out for a walk at least a couple of days a week, if possible daily.
8. You Are Not Avoiding Zero Calorie Soda: Don’t let the words on this bottle fool you! Zero calorie soda are as bad as regular soda, they are filled with synthetic estrogen which affects your thyroid gland, leading to weight gain.
9. You Are Not Going to Bed: Are you a late night owl? Make sure you’re getting enough sleep, at the right time in order to prevent anxiety, depression, and cardiovascular disease. Staying wide awake at night will also tempt you to go to kitchen and eat more.
10. You Are Not Sleeping with the Lights Off: Remember you need good quality sleep, so avoid sleeping with the lights on. If you don’t get a good night’s sleep, your chances of obesity are high.
Losing weight is about a lot more than just hitting the gym. Your body is a complex system and if you want it to change, then you need to do more than just switch one daily habit. Your whole lifestyle may need to change if you want to keep those pesky pounds off your pudgy belly.
Please SHARE this post with your friends and family on Facebook!
Don’t forget to ❤️LIKE❤️ US on Facebook!